Pastor Gunnar has been serving as the Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church since May 2007. He had led the church through a wonderful restart and is now a thriving body of believers. He also serves as a law enforcment chaplain for the the Escondido Police Department.
He came to know Christ through a series of poor decisions while serving as a U.S. Navy SEAL in San Diego. After becoming a Christian, Gunnar’s love for the Scriptures blossomed, leading him into deeper study of the Bible which ultimately led him into the pastoral ministry after 12 years in the Navy.
Gunnar has been married to his lovely wife Anna since 2002. The Lord has blessed them with four beautiful children, Grace, Elizabeth, Gideon and Titus.
Gunnar has earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies and a Master’s of Divinity from Southern California Seminary. He has also completed doctoral work at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
gunnarhanson Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church.
- VBC believes in this completely. I'm am thankful for this! "Successful short-term missions must be a part of ... http://t.co/Ion6JqzhZq by gunnarhanson 68 days ago via Kindle
- Good word! "The reality is that I’m still a beginner as a pastor, in over my head at every level. I often feel... http://t.co/ZztNYP6h3r by gunnarhanson 83 days ago via Kindle
- "In addition to new birth, Jesus gives you new life: a life of joyful obedience and overflowing love.6 So whe... http://t.co/jyjFW26LdM by gunnarhanson 102 days ago via Kindle
- Clarity of the gospel is critical! "Unleashing radical people into the world requires the gospel as our founda... http://t.co/R9kfP13Mkq by gunnarhanson 102 days ago via Kindle
- Powerful question! "Specifically, is your community of faith willing to put everything down before God and say... http://t.co/2TVBAnlIcO by gunnarhanson 211 days ago via Kindle