Pastor Gunnar has been serving as the Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church since May 2007. He had led the church through a wonderful restart and is now a thriving body of believers. He also serves as a law enforcment chaplain for the the Escondido Police Department.
He came to know Christ through a series of poor decisions while serving as a U.S. Navy SEAL in San Diego. After becoming a Christian, Gunnar’s love for the Scriptures blossomed, leading him into deeper study of the Bible which ultimately led him into the pastoral ministry after 12 years in the Navy.
Gunnar has been married to his lovely wife Anna since 2002. The Lord has blessed them with four beautiful children, Grace, Elizabeth, Gideon and Titus.
Gunnar has earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies and a Master’s of Divinity from Southern California Seminary. He has also completed doctoral work at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
gunnarhanson Child of God, husband of Anna, father of Grace, Ellie, and Gideon, shepherd of Valley Baptist Church!
- Great thoughts from Debbie Lee the mother of Mark Lee (KIA) who was teammate of mine. http://t.co/yi3c9l9VSc by gunnarhanson 65 days ago via Twitter for iPhone
- A wonderful experience indeed! "True worship must spring from within a man's spirit, from the spontaneous affections of the heart." K.Hughes by gunnarhanson 195 days ago via Twitter Web Client
- I can't visit this place without paying my respects to my dear friend Tommy. Beautiful day. Easy to… http://t.co/FsqvSqJsaT by gunnarhanson 228 days ago via Instagram
- Help the Family of Slain Teacher Ronnie Smith: Buy His Excellent Book – The History of Redemption http://t.co/ISQkvNvgbf via @TGC by gunnarhanson 229 days ago via Twitter for Websites
- Love this. "Everyone is intolerant. The question is, who's right?'" @PastorMark Driscoll by gunnarhanson 253 days ago via Twitter Web Client