Pastor Gunnar has been serving as the Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church since May 2007. He had led the church through a wonderful restart and is now a thriving body of believers. He also serves as a law enforcment chaplain for the the Escondido Police Department.
He came to know Christ through a series of poor decisions while serving as a U.S. Navy SEAL in San Diego. After becoming a Christian, Gunnar’s love for the Scriptures blossomed, leading him into deeper study of the Bible which ultimately led him into the pastoral ministry after 12 years in the Navy.
Gunnar has been married to his lovely wife Anna since 2002. The Lord has blessed them with four beautiful children, Grace, Elizabeth, Gideon and Titus.
Gunnar has earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies and a Master’s of Divinity from Southern California Seminary. He has also completed doctoral work at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
gunnarhanson Child of God, husband of Anna, father of Grace, Ellie, Gideon, and Titus, shepherd of Valley Baptist Church!
- "In addition to new birth, Jesus gives you new life: a life of joyful obedience and overflowing love.6 So whe... http://t.co/jyjFW26LdM by gunnarhanson about 12 hours ago via Kindle
- Clarity of the gospel is critical! "Unleashing radical people into the world requires the gospel as our founda... http://t.co/R9kfP13Mkq by gunnarhanson about 13 hours ago via Kindle
- Powerful question! "Specifically, is your community of faith willing to put everything down before God and say... http://t.co/2TVBAnlIcO by gunnarhanson 110 days ago via Kindle
- Amen! "A church is a community of individuals who have lost their lives to follow Christ. Surely it flows from... http://t.co/cxO2kvCzlY by gunnarhanson 115 days ago via Kindle
- Good warning! "That’s why I say one of the worst enemies of Christians can be good things in the church." http://t.co/3yfnrtndYy by gunnarhanson 116 days ago via Kindle