Pastor Gunnar has been serving as the Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church since May 2007. He had led the church through a wonderful restart and is now a thriving body of believers. He also serves as a law enforcment chaplain for the San Diego Sheriff's Department and the Escondido Police Department.
He came to know Christ through a series of poor decisions while serving as a U.S. Navy SEAL in San Diego. After becoming a Christian, Gunnar’s love for the Scriptures blossomed, leading him into deeper study of the Bible which ultimately led him into the pastoral ministry after 12 years in the Navy.
Gunnar has been married to his lovely wife Anna since 2002. The Lord has blessed them with three beautiful children, Grace, Elizabeth and Gideon.
Gunnar has earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies and a Master’s of Divinity from Southern California Seminary. He has also completed doctoral work at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
gunnarhanson Child of God, husband of Anna, father of Grace, Ellie, and Gideon, shepherd of Valley Baptist Church!
- A wonderful experience indeed! "True worship must spring from within a man's spirit, from the spontaneous affections of the heart." K.Hughes by gunnarhanson 55 days ago via web
- I can't visit this place without paying my respects to my dear friend Tommy. Beautiful day. Easy to… http://t.co/FsqvSqJsaT by gunnarhanson 89 days ago via Instagram
- Help the Family of Slain Teacher Ronnie Smith: Buy His Excellent Book – The History of Redemption http://t.co/ISQkvNvgbf via @TGC by gunnarhanson 89 days ago via Tweet Button
- Love this. "Everyone is intolerant. The question is, who's right?'" @PastorMark Driscoll by gunnarhanson 114 days ago via web
- Excellent article! The False Promise of the Prosperity Gospel: Why I Called Out Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer http://t.co/gc22W8uLKn by gunnarhanson 125 days ago via Tweet Button